Colorado is known for its sporadic weather patterns, dropping from tropical temps to freezing weather over the course of a few hours. While this makes life exciting for many residents along the Front Range, it can wreak havoc for those in possession of a prized collection. Today, there are dozens of collectibles that are sought after by millions of Americans, constituting both a rewarding hobby and a profitable passion. While you love your collection of vinyl and your arsenal of antiques, time and weather can both create serious problems over the years.
Many collectors decide to seek out climate-controlled storage solutions to ensure that their possessions are safe and preserved over time. Gateway North Storage understands this passion, and our top-quality storage units in Firestone are available to provide an ideal environment in which you can keep your valuables safe from harm.
Today, we’ll highlight a few types of collections you may be in possession of yourself, as well as the value of our storage solutions. If you’re ready to get your prized products into the safety of our indoor storage units, be sure to call today!
Storage Solutions for Every Collection
Our team takes pride in keeping valuables of all shapes and sizes safe. To give you an idea of how we can help, below are a few types of collections that can provide both personal and market value:
- Antiques — Classic products come in all shapes and sizes, but one thing is for sure — time and temperature can cause unwanted deterioration. Old-school metals may begin to rust, and both fabrics and plastics may become brittle or dry as time goes on.
- Comic books — Who doesn’t love comic books? Unfortunately, many of the classics from childhood may be looking worse for the wear thanks to temperature and moisture fluctuations. High levels of heat can discolor the ink and cause the pages to yellow, while high levels of humidity can cause warpage and the inevitable growth of mold. We recommend storing your comic books between 50 and 70 degrees Fahrenheit while maintaining a humidity level between 40 and 60 percent.
- Baseball cards — You may have also been collecting cards since you were a child, and your array of sports greats is enough to impress Ken Griffey Jr. himself. However, it’s vital to find a safe place to store your cards to ensure they do not deteriorate from moisture contact.
- Classic toys — Nostalgia has become a popular trend in the last decade, and many collectors are now seeking out the toys of their youth. If you have fun collectibles that are in pristine condition, it will likely prove worthwhile to hold onto them for a little while longer!
- Action figures — Whether you have a classic G.I. Joe or that Boba Fett character has been keeping watch over your collection, action figures have proven themselves time and time again to be a fun and rewarding possession. Keeping these collectibles safe from the heat, sun, and humidity can prove to be a challenge when they fill the shelves of your office or game room.
- Stamps — This classic product has been a top collectible for more than a century, and can provide both a fun hobby and a lucrative investment for many Coloradans. Unfortunately for collectors, stamps need to be stored in ideal conditions as far as humidity and temperature. Most experts will tell you to store your stamp collection between 65 and 72 degrees Fahrenheit with a humidity between 35 and 55 percent. It also helps to avoid any sun exposure.
- Artwork — Many Coloradans boast a diverse pallet for different art media. Sunlight, moisture, and heat can all damage your canvas, oils, charcoal, and more. If you plan on storing your art for any amount of time, it is absolutely vital to do so at a temperature between 70 and 75 degrees Fahrenheit and 40 to 50 percent humidity.
Achieve Peace of Mind With Top-Notch Security
Beyond the concerns of our inconsistent climate, it is also important to ensure that your belongings do not wander off. Gateway North Storage relies on the best storage solutions in the industry, and our modern security measures help to keep your collections safe. We deploy modern surveillance systems, sturdy gate-access controls, rugged cylinder locks, and security patrols to keep our premises locked down.
Our storage units in Firestone benefit from complete protection 24/7. Gateway North Storage will continue to update security measures over time, staying ahead of the curve to continue to serve as your Top Rated Local® storage facility across the Front Range!
Our Advice? Rent Climate-Controlled Storage
If you have valuables that you simply don’t have the room for, our storage units in Firestone provide the perfect place to keep everything safe, sound, and protected from Colorado’s irregular weather. Gateway North Storage offers climate-controlled storage units between 50 and 200 square feet to provide complete peace of mind for all of our customers. Artwork, electronics, musical instruments, and more all require stable conditions to retain their integrity, all of which can be done with our top-notch storage solutions.
Our campus delivers complete satisfaction at an amazing price. If you’re ready to see the value of our 24/7 storage services, be sure to stop by our location at 11370 Arbor Street or contact us online to get started. We look forward to helping you!