Gateway North Secure Self Storage
WHO IS GATEWAY NORTH STORAGE?
Gateway North Storage is a secure self-storage facility just a short distance away from I-25 and Firestone Boulevard and right off of Highway 119. Our self-storage units are some of the most secure in the area, and they have all the necessary features to make sure your valuables stay protected from the day they come in our doors to the day they go out.
With more than 30 years of experience in the self-storage industry, we know what sets a good storage unit facility apart from the rest and we value our customers like few others. With Gateway North Storage, you won’t be left out in the cold once you drop your items off. All of our storage units are open 24/7 for your convenience and we’re here to take your calls six days a week. We’ll tailor all of our services to your needs, ensuring that your valuables are safe from theft as well as the elements while they reside in our storage units.
If you’re in the Northern Colorado area and need short or long term service, consider our Firestone storage facility for its convenient central location and our outstanding customer service. Below you’ll find a little information on why we think we’re the best option for your storage needs.
WHAT SETS OUR STORAGE UNITS AND SERVICES APART
We offer a wide range of features in our storage units and a level of commitment to that few others can match in the storage industry.
SECURING OUR STORAGE UNITS
For as much added convenience as we try to provide to our customers, the security of your items is likely your biggest concern, so it’s ours as well. We’ve taken extensive precautions to make sure that our storage units are some of the safest in the industry. No criminal has ever gotten into one of our units, and if they ever do, they will certainly have earned it after getting through our multiple layers of security.
- Cameras — Our state-of-the-art camera systems feature motion detection and swivel-head monitoring.
- Gate access only — Our sole point of entry is through a locked gate that opens only for those with proper identification.
- High-Security Locks — Our doors close with high-security cylinder locks. This system features a similar mechanism to what you’d see on a bank vault. It’s a big part of what gives our facility some of the most secure self-storage units.
- Specialty Lighting — Our lighting is top-of-the-line, functions all night long, and can startle potential thieves with their motion-sensing features.
- Foot patrols — As great as cameras, motion-detecting lights, high-security cylinder locks, and a state of the art gate system are, they can’t make up for an actual person taking the time to check on the safety of our facility and individual units. Our security takes regular patrols, multiple times a day, to help ensure that none of our technology is failing, and that all your items are safe in their storage unit.
Use the most secure storage on the Front Range!
STORAGE UNIT FEATURES
Most people wouldn’t think there’s much to a self-storage space beyond having an extra space to put your things in. Maybe that’s all some people need, but we offer so much more than that. Plus, if you take that approach, you’re likely to see some items be destroyed by the environment of your storage unit. Many materials break down with inattentive care, humidity, and certain temperatures. At Gateway North Storage, our knowledgeable team will help guide you in where and how you store your items, to help ensure that your items stay in as good of condition as they were the day they went in.
Climate-Controlled Units— Up to the 10’x20’ size, all of our units come in a climate-controlled version. We highly recommend taking advantage of climate controls in your storage unit if you’re storing antiques, clothing, or anything made of certain materials, such as wool. Below are a few examples of things that should be stored in a climate-controlled room and the threat that the elements pose to each.
- Fabrics — Different types of fabrics react to temperatures differently. Depending on what you put in storage, you could see your clothes, towels, blankets, and tablecloths start to deteriorate fairly quickly if you don’t put them in the proper climate. Air-tight storage bags are also recommended for fabrics in order to fight this and any possible critters that might make it into your self-storage unit.
- Antiques — If you’re keeping an item to build its value, then unless it is heavily primed or made of certain extremely durable materials, like copper, you most likely want to have it in a climate-controlled environment. Wood and different fabrics can decay or warp if they’re exposed to extreme climate changes in a brief amount of time because of materials constricting in the cold, expanding in the heat, and then repeating the process. Humidity can affect these materials as well, softening wood and making fabrics more susceptible to growing mold and mildew.
- Art — Art has one of the quickest deterioration rates of anything that might go into a storage locker, with just one or two rapid changes in climate being able to permanently alter the piece. Aside from security, this is why so many museum pieces are in a special casing. Canvases and certain types of paint are particularly susceptible to this and can warp or melt.
- Vinyl — It’s important to keep your records upright to avoid dust, so that’s your first concern when storing, but vinyl records and other vinyl materials are prone to warping and becoming brittle enough to be prone to chips and cracks.
- Instruments and Tools — Often made out of both wood and metal, older instruments and tools are more susceptible than newer models to the rigors of climate changes and humidity.
Size and Capacity — Our self-storage storage units come in a variety of sizes, and can serve a variety of needs.
- 5’x10’ — If you’re storing a jet ski, ATV, or other typical garage overflow items, then one of our 5’x10’ storage units should work just fine.
- 10’x10’ — If you’re moving into a place that already has it’s own furniture, then the 10’x10’ storage unit is a great option for your storage needs. Capable of handling the contents of most one-bedroom apartments, this is a popular option among people moving in with partners for the first time, recently graduated students who need storage space during a transition period, and those who are coming back to Colorado, and will be moving into a new space when they come back.
- 10’x15’ — Our 10’x15’ storage units offer a secure place for transitioning families to keep their things safe while they deal with other aspects, and can hold the typical furniture contents of a two-bedroom apartment. Often times, people who use this type of unit are moving into a furnished space.
- 10’x20’ — Another option typically used by those who are moving up or down a size in their living situation, our 10’x20’ containers are spacious enough for the typical furniture of a two-bedroom apartment as well as some of the miscellaneous items that would come with any living arrangement.
- 10’x25’ — Now we’re getting into some serious storage space, as our 10’x25’ self-storage units offer a secure option for anyone who needs to store the contents of a small home. This option is often used in cases of an unexpected inheritance. It’s also great for commercial use for businesses that don’t need much climate control.
- 10’x30’ — There is very little our 10’x30’ storage options won’t hold, they’re typically enough space to hold the contents of a three-bedroom home. Most of these rentals are extremely short- or long-term rentals, depending on the needs of the client and their valuables. If some of your items need climate control, we may suggest two smaller storage units, one with climate control and one without.
CONVENIENTLY LOCATED STORAGE UNITS
Firestone stands alone in Northern Colorado as an easily accessible hub for the Front Range and is about a 15- to 45-minute drive to any of the major northern Colorado cities. When storage spaces fill up in Denver, Fort Collins, Boulder, or Longmont, North Gate Storage can give you a space that is just a short drive from most major destinations, including the mountains.
Whether you’re the parent of a college student going to school in Fort Collins, Boulder, or Denver, or a resident that just needs a place for their seldom-used toys, our storage units offer an uncrowded space that lets you pick up what you need on the way to most Northern Colorado attractions.
CUSTOMER SERVICE COMMITMENT
Our customer service measures go to the extreme to make sure you have a positive experience when you utilize our storage units. We try to go above and beyond the call of duty to mark ourselves apart from your other storage options by always trying to offer a helping hand. From start to finish, we’ll strive to provide you with the most convenient and considerate storage experience in Northern Colorado. We offer:
- Same-Day Storage Rentals — With our services, if there’s a space available that fits your needs, then we’ll get you into it as soon as possible. Possibly even the same business day. If you can make the quick turnaround, then so can we. We even offer prorated fees for the first month in order to ensure you’re getting all you paid for!
- Month-to-Month service plans — After your first prorated month in our storage units, you’ll be rolled onto one of our month-to-month service plans. We prefer month-to-month plans for the security of Gateway North Storage and our customers. However, as long as there are no issues with what you are storing or doing in your self-storage unit, you are welcome to move your valuables out of storage at any given time without worrying about any prior commitments.
- Boxes and Moving supplies — We offer moving supplies to all of our customers when it comes time to move their things in or out of our facilities. Various sized boxes, moving tape, packaging materials, and moving dollies are all available when you use one of our storage units.
- 24/7 Access — Our storage units are open to current customers 24 hours of the day, every day. Only those with the necessary ID requirements will be allowed access.
Keep all your items pristine with climate control!
THINGS TO CONSIDER
On top of everything we’ve already mentioned, here are a few more things to keep in mind when you’re considering a self-storage unit:
- The Climate Needs of Your Items — This is paramount to ensuring the safety of many items, and while we’ve mentioned it before, we want to reiterate that to give you the best self-storage experience, this is a factor that needs to be addressed. Even if many of the items in your container aren’t sensitive to climate changes, they could be adversely affected by your other decaying items if those items attract pests or are made of materials that will stain, eat through, or damage what’s around them.
- What’s Not Allowed — Certain items are not allowed in our storage units because they put the security of all the units at risk. Items such as gasoline, propane, paint thinners, anything highly flammable, narcotics, or groceries are prohibited within Gateway North Storage units. We also do not allow the storage of vehicles.
- Using self-storage for business — Storage units are a great place for businesses to keep extra materials, your packaging and shipping needs, and even your means of production. As long as you’re in line with our safety measures and business regulations, using our storage space for business needs is an out-of-the-box and inexpensive option. With 24/7 access, you’ll never have to worry about getting to whatever you need within the unit.
- Insurance — In line with the considerations above, you should carefully consider whether or not you need insurance for your items in storage. We do as much as we can to guaranty the safety of your items, but we’re not in complete control of our renters. Insurance does not come built-in to our contracts.
Short or long term, we're here for you!
Reach Out For Secure Storage
At Gateway North Storage, we hope that you can see we’ve gone to the greatest measures we can to make our self-storage units the most secure and convenient options possible. If you’re in Northern Colorado or the immediate Firestone area, please contact us for all your future storage needs!